Performing rate updates on the DM300-DM475
Learn how to perform rate updates on the DM300c, DM400c, DM475 (G920) and DM300M, DM400M, DM475M (G922).
Important: This update can take up to 10 minutes to complete. During peak periods, heavy network traffic may require several connection attempts.
Rate Update Instructions:
- Before you start, make certain your system is connected via SmartLink™, wired or wireless LAN, PC Meter Connect, or via analogue phone line, in order to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
- At the main screen, press the Refill Postage key.
- Select Check PBP Balance.
- Select Continue. The machine will then check for, download and install the new rates. At this point, if the machine returns to the home screen, it is likely that the new rates have already downloaded. Please check using the Rate Confirmation Tool.
- When the update has finished follow the screen prompts until you return to the main screen. Do not switch off until the process is finished.
- You may receive a request to reconnect for a further upload/download, proceed by re-connecting and follow any prompts.
- Once downloaded, the new tariffs will be held in memory until the effective date.
- If you download in advance of the effective date, do not worry if the new price does not show immediately after downloading. The new rates will not be activated until the effective date.
- Depending on your franking machine type, an additional connection and download might be required on the effective date.
- Occasionally the franking machine requires a reboot on or after the effective date, in order to display the new rates.